Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Edgar Allen Poe

From the grave I call
your name
is it the soul that answers?
I have buried myself to be with you
and many nightmares walk the tomb
In this continual night induced by spirits
I seek you
From the grave I call
your name
you, whom seraphs dare take away
I feed my lonely wound with
your name!
your name!
Answer me! Dearest beloved!
or is it my
mistake!
mistake!
That echos back at this tortured soul
this presumption that I can seek you here
you, whom only that airly place
beyond those pearly gates can hold
and I, in my dejected state
dare seek you among the rotting bones
Forgive me, I cannot reach higher
love uplifts, but despair brings lower
my soul
into the grave I go
calling, still calling
your name!
your name...
(is it the soul that answers?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home