Sunday, June 19, 2005

A rather unfortunate happenstance

It is my one-year anniversary of official stupidity. There really are guys out there who make you say, “Men are total jerks.” Pray let me elaborate:
I enjoy swimming. It’s fun; you can relax and float, or do awesome workout without feeling sweaty. I tend to believe I swim like a mermaid, though other people may think otherwise. About a year ago today, I encountered a male who complimented me on my swimming. I was reluctant to talk to him because he’s older and really not that adorable (and if he were adorable, I would be more wary). He told me he thought I was an ABC, I was flattered – but no. He said when he was in a pub with XXX there were a lot of ABCs who went over and squeezed their tiny bosoms at them. I was like, okay, amusing… why? He said “What? You don’t know XXX? He’s my friend! He’s like a famous singer!” I smiled and said, no man, I’m not exactly up to date on the celebrity scene and frankly, I don’t care. I should have gotten a clue he was a sleaze ball then because he found it impressive to drop names. He said he works at the town hall as a secretary because his uncle works there. So I thought he was decent – as I believed most government people are.
He was amazed that I had never been to a KTV before and said, “Hey, you can come with me.” I said no, I don’t have enough money for such expensive ventures. He said it was his treat and insisted. I told him I’d have to bring a friend. He said sure, and I think of you like my sister.
LIAR! I didn’t know it at that time, but really – do I sound incoherent when I’m mad? I just get so angry whenever I think of that bastard I feel like I could chop up an elephant if not for the fact that it’s not humane. After the encounter at the pool he called me two times, one time to confirm that I was going, and one to say “Hey, I miss you.” I was like, what was that about? Anyway, to make a long story short, my friend was unavailable for that date, so I went, without my parent’s permission or knowledge because I knew they would find me going alone with a 29 year old man objectionable. And I was a lot more innocent, gullible, and trusting of human nature than I am now. We went to this pretty snazzy KTV and he ordered a jug of beer and started smoking pot and invited me to try some. I sipped at the beer (which I found repulsive, I mean, geeze, why do people profess to enjoy this stuff? It’s bile!) and adamantly refused the pot. I kind of pitied him for doing drugs, but he’s a grownup and I can’t very well report him, he might have connections in a gang and I’m just a defenseless little girl. He also had this little pink pill he chopped into half and offered me – ecstasy. I refused that also. Then he started holding my hand and it was shaking like he was having a seizure and he told me it’s a reaction of the drug and he’s getting high and I was like, okay… suit yourself, not interested, please don’t offer it to me again. I was started to feel disillusioned with grownups – see, grownups are suppose to be responsible and mature, not drugged up and trying to seduce a teenaged girl, which was what he was doing. A waiter came in several times and I made doe eyes at him, like, please get me out of this place? Because seriously, I didn’t know where we were and I couldn’t very well walk out. I didn’t know it at that time but I was like two blocks away from my cram school and I could have just asked my friend to walk over. I was 16 and I’m supposed be a minor! He started dancing with me and hugging me and breathing heavily into my neck and I could feel his – thing – at the back of my dress and I was shocked. Seriously, I should have done something. When he tried to touch my ass I moved his hand away but that was all. I didn’t know men behaved like this and he lied to me when he said he thought of me as a sister. Really, instead of giving us young girls lectures on how to use a condom they should give us lectures on evil predatory adult males and the signs we should look for when approached by such abase creatures. Later I told him I had to go to church and to please drop me off and he said sure. So we drove over and he kept holding my hand and I felt it was impolite to pull my hand away and then he held it tight and told me “It’s such a beautiful romantic night out, why don’t we go driving somewhere else instead of going to this church of yours?” I’m like, no way am I spending the rest of the night with you. You probably have some sleazy motel in mind and no way am I turning into some slut you’ve already gotten enough out of groping me man I want to kill you. But all I said was “No, I really have to go to church.” So he let me off and I just sat in the stairway for the rest of the sermon getting madder and madder and glowering at any male creature that came within my vicinity.
That was also one of the reasons I broke off with Spike – he was unavailable. He’s always unavailable. At least if you’re my boyfriend you should be there to protect me but no, he’s unavailable. My gawd I am still so mad today. The jerk never called me again which I thought “So much for sincerity.” And made me angrier still because if he did I would chew his head off. That was the turning point. I would chew his bloody head off. No, the point is this incident made me aware that not all grownups are to be trusted and they can be weak, perverted individuals and that I’m starting to be a grownup too and the way some men smile at me? It’s actually called leering. And I’m never telling Spike I was so stupid because it’s shameful and it’s almost like cheating on him, through no fault of mine. I simply hate the thought.
I believe some girls would cry if this happened to them. Really, it’s not their fault they were groped. I just wish – if men would do their rightful duty women would feel a lot safer. Males generally are better endowed physically than females so they can protect the family, they shouldn’t use this advantage in a wrongful manner. It really psychologically damages girls to be placed in such a vulnerable situation. The meanies probably don’t even remember their victims.
A toast to innocence! And I hope all evil men who try to seduce young naïve girls drop dead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home