Thursday, August 04, 2005

Tendencies of the sexes

I’m going to quote my friend Tarver on this. I had talked to him that men seem to be able to take one look at something and want it right away, while women need to be convinced and flattered by the saleslady or appraised by a friend before buying something (or in the case of falling in love, can do so by the persistence of the man even though she initially didn’t like him. For men if a girl keeps going after him most would consider her a stalker.)
“Speaking of returning to subjects, my mind still remembers one we never quite concluded. It was about the male-female mindset, how males tend to see what they want and go for it, while females need more so to be convinced. My mind had run into quite a quandary there as it reviewed all my friends and their tendencies, whether male or female. For the most part, I saw in all my male friends the tendency to see what they want right away. I proved this especially with friend Josh, who once pointed out to me all the girls in one grade that he thought were attractive. I looked at the photos, turned back a grade, and was able to point out every girl he thought was attractive in that grade. I think I rather surprised him there? But though most of my male friends are like that, I found that a select few were anything but. The worst of it was, myself was included. I could also pinpoint a select few girl friends who would choose and chase a guy right away. Fortunately, that doesn’t disprove your theory. After I thought about it more, I realized that it takes only a slight shift in wording. It’s not strictly a male’s inclination to choose immediately and a female’s job to watch and be convinced, it’s the masculine and feminine tendencies. When I think about my friends, I saw a correlation to all those who didn’t fit the male archetype. Most notably Ben and myself, all those not fitting had more feminine characteristics. Remember when I took that test and found I was more feminine than masculine? That’s what I mean. Ben took that test as well and found the same. And all females who chase guys immediately are more masculine than feminine? So, in a way, your idea holds true.”
Isn’t he an awesome writer? He concludes so well, and he soothes my ego (which is disproportionately large).

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mignon,

How is everything there? How is your Mom? I will go Taiwan with my gf in Dec.

Chiuwh@yahoo.com

Wei

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home