Tuesday, January 24, 2006

reflections on a scrape

Tuesday, January 03, 2006
Discovered that my knee injury sustained yestermorn was more serious than I had surmised - mere scratches - and was consequently given a titanus shot followed by two shots to prevent infection - none of which pleased me and all which gave me no small pain. I should be able to endure it, for it's but a petty ache, as a human being there are far more painful things to endure than shots in one's dignity, and being aware of that, am getting along best as I can. I do hope that with all this, I will not get infected none the less, for if I do I shall certainly retain a scar, though I don't much care now it may prove detrimental to my future interests/pursuits.
Had a very bad experience at the NewYear's party, mostly because I discovered that I had very different views of what seemed amusing than those present. For one thing the coordinator seems such an imposing ass. Not that I mean to swear but he's one of those grownups I do not wish to grow up associated with for we are so dissimilar in mind and he relies too heavily on his influence, power, and facade of benevolence. For another thing they played truth or dare, and all the options were detestable to me as it involved one of my dear friends who was forced to admit false things in order to save both himself and others from embarrassment. I felt harrassed for him and quickly quit the game with the true excuse of aching eyes. Most everyone stayed up till morning singing Karaoke, it seemed a treat for them to stay up all night but for myself I found it an encumberance as I had to go to class the very next noon and could not stay awake there to learn anything of import, and I believe my math holds far more value than staying up playing games with malignant intent.Also one of the senior members there expressed an interest in me that may not have been proper. I would say no more here as it may cause me harm. The debate circle is anything but pure, and I would like to escape it as soon as prudency allows. There is, indeed, far more profit to my long term goals to save myself from many temptations. I would do it for a beloved husband, a harmonious marriage...etc. I am not weak to rely my happiness on marriage. Marriage is a sacrament that has been cheaply priced of late, by too many, and I intend to preserve it's original worth - it is essential to much satisfaction, comfort and joy to one's life.
'Agnes Grey' is a tolerable book, but what I find most precious in these books is the lesson it teaches me - of consideration to others, and the evil of over-prepossessed vanity in the self. This misguided value is so blandly preached in our fashion mags that it is considered the norm, consequently producing a generation of simpering, infidel, vain, coquettish and weak-willed women, certainly not worth the status that we demand. It is a warning that I should heed.
Another book I read these days is 'Persuasion', and it's a mere novel, for it spouts no new idea but reiterates the ideal of men who deal evil shall eventually be found out and striped of all respect they gained by foul, heartless means or handsome exteriors... It is but an ideal, so I call it rather insipid. But otherwise it is very enjoyable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home