Saturday, December 02, 2006

observations: Taiwan culture

My roommates decided to use my extremely annoying alarm clock to wake us all up in the morning - so we would be sure to wake up. In the past its cadence had inspired murder in my normally sweet tempered companions. So I said, lightly "Whoever wakes up first to shut it off, please be sure not to be too rough with it - it looks sturdy, but its really quite delicate." And Deborah, who had been among the passionate for twisted alarm-clock remains, laughingly said "Oh, I know, you must be talking about me."
I don't know how this sentence sounds in English, but it's quite amusing in Chinese.

In music class one of my classmates (male) made loud remarks about another of my classmate's (male) expansive mass in correlation with flattening a city. The victim of this 'insult', hearing this (it was meant to be heard), took his drumsticks (we were playing drums that day), ran over to the speaker, and feigned piercing the offender's abdomen with dramatical execution. Much to the amusement of offender, victim, and all around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home