Tuesday, March 06, 2007

extreme

I was surprised when two classmates who speak very good english claimed to 'hate America".
"Why?" I asked.
"Because of Bush and what he's doing. Americans act like they own the world. Look at Iraq."
"That's just the government. Not all Americans agree. " I said. Feeling shocked at the denouncement over an entire people based on such a cause.
the two purposefully trained themselves to speak english only with a british accent because of their hatred. One wants to study in Britain for college, the other wants to go to Germany.
I am saddened and scared by their statement. Not because I support America, but because to say what they said is extreme, and I know not how to steer them towards more moderate waters. We have given up some very important things when we embraced science and gave up classic learning. Particularly the moral lessons our forefathers have accumulated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home