Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I am nothing without my history

Since when did I fear Romantics and idealists? Especially those that seem hopeless cases - without an ounce of practicality. They may talk on and on about things, spouting a profusion of words without any action or whatnot that can be of any practical use.
True, feelings are important, but sometimes you lose yourself throught the searching of a self- because even though we as humans like to believe that we are born inherently unique and individually deep, we cannot, in fact, seek ourselves in the pursuit of seeking ourselves. Rather, we only gain confidence of who we are through others. If we dwelt where no human contact was possible, the identity of 'me' could not be established. Our identities are created and confirmed by human society. Most of us are not capable of the wisdom to find inner wisdom and depth through our own one-man society. Even books should be considered human company. Hermiting, indwelling... all these serve only to confuse us further to who we are, and the only peace we can gain is in the pride of our simplicity and suffering to be 'away from the crowd'.
What am I? I admit, I am nothing without my history.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home